This Level 2 Myler bit (MB 04) is for horses or ponies established in basic training. It utilizes less tongue pressure and more bar pressure than level 1 bits.
This bit has a low port, copper inlay on the mouthpiece and hooks. The slight (1/4") port allows for more tongue relief than Level 1 mouthpieces. The “hooks” are slots that keep the bridle fixed in place and create two rein positions.
Myler has designed an entire BITTING SYSTEM to effectively communicate with any horse at any level of training. Some of the features include:
- Curved mouthpiece: gives tongue relief, permits swallowing, relaxes
- Copper inlay: encourages salivation
- Collapsible mouthpiece: rewards horse to relax at poll
- Independent side movement: allows rider to isolate one side of bit
- Slight port allows more tongue relief
- Includes hooks (slots in cheek piece) to create two rein positions
Sizes: 4 1/4, 4 1/2 & 4 3/4 inches, all with 3" dee