This Level 3 Myler bit is for well trained horses or ponies. Level 3 bits use tongue pressure and more bar pressure, rolling on the bars plus has a variety of pressure points.
This bit has a free-rotating barrel, a ported mouthpiece with copper inlay (MB 33) and has hooks. The port provides tongue relief and some palate pressure. Independent side movement on this bit allows the rider to isolate one side of the bit for bending, balancing or lifting a shoulder.
Myler has designed an entire BITTING SYSTEM to effectively communicate with any horse at any level of training. Some of the features include:
- Ported mouthpiece: gives tongue relief and palate pressure
- Copper inlay: encourages salivation
- Collapsible mouthpiece: rewards horse to relax at poll
- Independent side movement: allows rider to isolate one side of bit
- Hooks offer mild leverage, making the bit more versatile
Size: 4 1/2 inches
This bit has a 3" dee.