Give your horse a gorgeous look! Charni Lewis provides step-by-step instructions for 30 mane and tail braids for both casual outings and specialized events of all riding styles. Full-color photographs and detailed illustrations bring every twist and turn to life, while also clearly demonstrating proper hand positioning.
Get inspired and experiment with a Scalloped mane braid or a Four-Strand Weave for the tail. Not only will your horse look great, the time you spend braiding will help develop that special bond between you and your horse.
- Getting Started - tools, prep, detangling, safety
- Pulling a Mane
- Basic Braiding Components - 3 strand, French, Dutch, finishing, knots
- Maintenance Braids - training, maintaining, long tails, mud knot
- English Hunter Braids - mane, forelock, French tail with wrap or pinwheel, Dutch tail with loop
- Eventing Knots - mane and forelock
- Dressage Braids - banded, taped, French, Dutch, diamond braided, Dutch and French tails
- Draft Horse Braids - mane roll, forelock, tail bun
- Saddlebred and Tennessee Walking Horse Braids
- Fun Braids
Spiral Bound Hard Cover, 152 pages, 9.3 x 0.8 x 9.5 inches, ISBN-10: 1580176992, ISBN-13: 978-1580176996, Author: Charni Lewis
Reinforced hole in book allows you to hang on the wall for easy reference!